The town of Ripalvella (from the vulgar Ripa Bella) already existed in Roman times as evidenced by the findings of a Roman sarcophagus of the Vibi family. The construction of the castle dates back to 1400 and today it is possible to see the especial pentagonal tower. The settlement in 1278 was part of the lands subject to Orvieto which fortified the town during the fourteenth century before entrusting the defense to a Montemarte.Partially destroyed in 1395 in the war against the Monaldeschi family it was destroyed again in 1437. It ceased to be autonomous community in 1816.
Last weekend of May: Feast of combatants and veterans and Wild Boar Festival organized by the PRO-RIPALVELLA