Fortified village built in late-mid-14th century, probably erected on a pre-existing Villa. The medieval city walls are still visible. On the border between the lands subject to Orvieto and the possessions of Todi, it was affected for a long time by the contrast between the two cities, which resulted in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries in grueling disputes over the borders. Fortified in 1294, it belonged to the Monaldeschi, then to the Baglioni of Perugia, from whose hands Pope Paul III snatched it. The medieval wall is still impressing. Behind it an ancient building dedicated to St. Matthias the Apostle was found, with frescoed walls. In the parish church, known as the sanctuary of the Madonna della luce and the place of worship of considerable importance for the area, it is possible to observe a precious 15th century fresco of the Madonna della luce, attributed to Pietro di Nicola di Orvieto. Of particular interest is the memorial stone of the parish altar which dates back to the Lombard era.