The castle of Pornello, whose vestiges are visible, is mentioned in the chronicles of 1137. Possession of the Bulgarelli, in 1317 it was assigned perpetually to the Orvieto church. Fortified in the 14th century, it suffered from the wars between the Monaldeschi factions until the truce of 1385. After belonging for some time still to the earls of Marsciano, it returned permanently under Orvieto to end up as a hamlet of San Vito in 1816. It is worth visiting the church of San Donato, whose origins date back to the 14th century in the church of Madonna del Piano which preserves a series of frescoes from the 1500s.
First or second Sunday of May: celebrations in honor of the Patron Saint Michael the Archangel Second Sunday of September: celebrations in honor of the Madonna del Piano.