The village of Ripalvella (from Ripa Bella) already existed in Roman times as evidenced by the findings of a Roman sarcophagus of the Vibi family. The construction of the Castle dates back to the 1400s and today it is possible to admire the very particular pentagonal tower. From 1278 the inhabited area was part of the lands subject to Orvieto which fortified it during the 14th century before entrusting its defense to a Montemarte. Put to fire and sword in 1395 in the war against Monaldeschi, it was destroyed again in 1437. It ceased to be an autonomous community in 1816.
Last weekend of May: Festival of fighters and veterans and Wild boar festival organized by the PRO-RIPALVELLA Association.